Subject: wscons questions
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
From: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/01/2002 22:26:44
Hi Marcus,
	Hrmmm...I'm not sure how to describe what I find lacking in
wscons. Virtual console support (I'm probably calling that the wrong
thing; I want ctr+alt+F console switching) would be nice. Im' not too
concerned about hardware acceleration, but one can always hope. :)
	My ultimate goal for my Dreamcast is to use it as a remote xterm.
To do that, X needs to run, and from what I understand X requires wscons
to support the framebuffer device you're using. I have yet to try to
compile X, so I don't know if the wscons assumption is true. I'm sorry if
I don't have things straight. :(
	Also, to use the Dreamcast as a remote xterm, mouse support is
almost a necessity. I wish I had more than a cursory grasp of C so I could
work on a mouse driver. Are there any hardware driver quick guides out
there? :)

Thanks,
Josh

Josh Tolbert
hemi@scoundrelz.net

Every time the power flickers, a squirrel gets his wings.