Subject: Re: Success! We have multi-user with swap over NFS! A few niggling issues, though...
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/29/2002 13:24:06
This is all great news, list, it seems like the Dreamcast port may be
getting into really good shape.

Josh and everyone else, it would definitely be a good idea to post as much
stuff as possible in terms of working kernels and their config, userland,
etc. If people are hurting for disk space, I'm actually going to be putting
in a 100GB drive on my web server this weekend (I currently have ~8GB free);
I'd be happy to host a full snapshot on my box. Of course, it's only 640/128
ADSL, so downloading from it might be slow...but it could be a good
centralized location for people who want to get going right away, until we
figure out how to get it hosted officiall with NetBSD.

As far as rewriting the HOWTO goes, I've said a few times that when I get my
box working properly, I intended to do that. I've got experience as a
technical writer and journalist, so I figure I can do a pretty decent job of
it. If anyone wants to help, please let me know, I'm more than happy to
collaborate.

Thanks to all the people on this list who have been so active and helpful
lately; here's to hoping we're all up and running in spectacular,
full-funciton multi-user mode soon. :-)

Alex Kirk