Subject: Re: Single-user boot issue corrected.
To: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
From: Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/29/2002 10:55:27
On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 03:25:04AM -0500, Josh Tolbert wrote:
> Hi Dreamcasters,
> 	I solved the problem of booting in to single-user mode at first.
> It had to do with the kernel not being able to determine the root
> filesystem itself manually. Once I compiled a new kernel with root on rtk0
> type nfs, multi-user boot proceeded without issue.
> 	I'm still working on the missing files problem. I'm going to grab
> the 1.6F current binary tree from releng.netbsd.org and start seeing what
> needs to be where.
> 	I can't compile any ports cause I'm missing everything in
> /usr/share/mk, but that's something I'll be working on directly.

That's weird, I built my userland this weekend, and that
directory looks just fine:

$ uname -a
NetBSD dreamcast 1.6F NetBSD 1.6F (DREAMS.LANA) #1: Sun Aug 25 16:57:24 CEST
2002 logix@netbsd:/usr/src/sys/arch/dreamcast/compile/DREAMS.LANA dreamcast
$ ls /usr/share/mk
bsd.README      bsd.hostlib.mk  bsd.kernobj.mk  bsd.man.mk bsd.subdir.mk
bsd.dep.mk      bsd.hostprog.mk bsd.kinc.mk     bsd.nls.mk bsd.sys.mk
bsd.doc.mk      bsd.inc.mk      bsd.kmod.mk     bsd.obj.mk sys.mk
bsd.endian.mk   bsd.info.mk     bsd.lib.mk      bsd.own.mk
bsd.files.mk    bsd.init.mk     bsd.links.mk    bsd.prog.mk
$

I can put a tarball of that directory somewhere for you to
download if you want.  Mounting /usr/src from somewhere else and
running "make install" in /usr/src/share/mk on the Dreamcast
should also work, as should just using the contents of that
directory from any other machine

bye,
  Harold