Subject: Re: Success! We have multi-user with swap over NFS! A few niggling issues, though...
To: Josh Tolbert <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Gregg C Levine <drwho8@worldnet.att.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/29/2002 02:13:13
Hello from Gregg C Levine
Wonderful news! And great, even. However, according to my friends in the
Linux world, the notion of doing swap over NFS, is a taboo one. It just
refuses to work correctly. They think its because of the way the NFS
protocol was written by the people who wrote it. At least that's what I was
told, when I enquired about it, at a helpsession, at a BOF at LWE a few
years ago. See if its possible to have a swap file created within the
ramdisk, first.
 Now as to my problems, I've just finished downloading the software I'll
need for creating most of the things, that will work for my DC, and also
contacted Sega, via their webpage, and posted a message. I'm ready to wait
for a reply. I might even try the 800# printed in the back of the things'
manual. And BTW, you can guess what one of the items, was, that I posted to
them.
Gregg C Levine drwho8@worldnet.att.net
"How many floors does this TARDIS of yours have, anyway?"