Subject: Re: Swap & Rebooting
To: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
From: Andy R <quadreverb@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/25/2002 17:49:05
--- Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com> wrote:
> 2. Hmmm...syslog output...you'll have to forgive my
> ignorance here, but I
> can't find any syslog out put. I thought /var/log or
> /var/run might have
> it...but I don't see anything besides
> /var/log/messages that even looks
> close. I made sure to turn on syslogd (since it
> doesn't start at bootup for
> me at the moment) and re-ran the compile of
> bash-2.05 and got no thing in
> /var/log/messages (though there was something for
> when I tried compiling
> lynx2-8 complaining about not having swap, despite
> the 16MB of swap I
> created yesterday). Where should I be looking?
> Should I have started syslogd
> with any options?

Yeah, /var/log/messages is generally known as the
syslog. In i386, it's in /etc/syslog.conf. Not sure
how the Dreamcast deals with that. I've only ever got
the thing booted with CD's from the how to a while
back. Looks like things are picking up and I may have
to try again with nfs at some point. Pretty exciting
to hear that software is being compiled on it.

Andy