Subject: Re: Swap & Rebooting
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: ITOH Yasufumi <itohy@netbsd.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/25/2002 10:11:20
In article <20020824190858.6901.qmail@schnarff.com>
alex@schnarff.com writes:

> When I tried to compile bash-2.05 again, it got much futher -- apparently it
> had found the swap space -- but after ~10 minutes of compilation, it
> spontaneously rebooted. The poster who had mentioned adding swap had warned
> that there were problems with swap, and that systems using it suffered from
> instability at times.

I saw this sort of problems in the past, but I don't see this recently.
Which kernel are you using?

>                       Is this still true, or has anything been done about
> it? ...

The pmap (lowest part of virtual memory management) code of sh3 ports
was completely rewritten in May 2002 (sys/arch/sh3/sh3/pmap.c rev 1.40).
I'm not convinced, but probably this solved the problem.

--
ITOH Yasufumi