Subject: Re: Cross-compile of world almost finished, but there's a problem.
To: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
From: Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/21/2002 13:07:51
Unless you have a burning desire to build the world yourself, you can
grab the latest 1.6 snapshot off of:
ftp://releng.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD-daily/

To populate /dev, you can probably get away with running MAKEDEV on
whatever host you have these files on.

What you should probably do instead of burning a cd with a kernel and
a filesystem is to test your setup via netbooting.  I would suggest
burning a cd with ipslave, using that to load a kernel with a DHCP/NFS
root, and booting that off a box running dhcpd and nfsd.  It is much,
much easier to edit files on the NFS server than it is to burn cd
after cd.

 -jre