Subject: Re: Success!
To: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/21/2002 13:58:47
> The thing boots the kernel, then promptly reboots.  I am not certain if
> attaching a keyboard would prevent the machine from rebooting right away,
> but I have a keyboard on the way so I will give that a try.

Being one of those people who has a keyboard hooked up, I doubt if that will
do you much good. Basically, when I fire up my system, the kernel boots, and
I get the message the HOTWO describes asking for a root FS; I tell it rtk0
for the BBA, no dump device, and to load over NFS; after getting an IP via
DHCP, it promptly reboots.

I don't know if this is a function of the kernel being loaded via NFS being
bad, my MAKEDEV having been done improperly, or what, but I'd suspect you're
going to see a lot of reboots before you get it right. Meanwhile, to compare
notes, where did you get your sources/kernel? I've got all mine from
ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/sh3/snapshot/19991231-coff.

Alex Kirk