Subject: Success!
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/21/2002 01:16:58
Hi, Dreamcast fans,
	It works!  I snapped a shot of the boot screen, available at
http://www.scoundrelz.net/~hemi/pics/comps/Dreamcast/First-boot.jpg (212k
big).

The thing boots the kernel, then promptly reboots.  I am not certain if
attaching a keyboard would prevent the machine from rebooting right away,
but I have a keyboard on the way so I will give that a try. There's
probably some kernel options I can set for different boot media and the
like, too. That's all things to consider down the road.
	I noticed that my kernel, built with the default dreamcast GENERIC
config, is about twice the size of the -current snapshot kernel. Is there
anything I can do with objcopy to streamline the kernel size? Can I strip
out debugging symbols and the like? I'm not opposed to testing out
different kernels, but are there things I should avoid doing?
	I'm probably going to direct my efforts towards getting the
Dreamcast to mount everything over NFS, mainly cause I can play with the
world and settings on a writeable filesystem more easily than I can by
burning a CD every time I want to test something.
	Do you guys have any advice on where to go from here?

Thanks again,
Josh

Josh Tolbert
hemi@scoundrelz.net

Every time the power flickers, a squirrel gets his wings.