Subject: Slight update...
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/20/2002 01:40:59
Hi again,
	I noticed that the latest -current snapshot kernel of
NetBSD/dreamcast is an ELF binary. I grabbed the kernel, burned a CD and
slapped it in the DC...The DC displays the Dreamcast logo, then the Sega
license, then flashes twice and reboots.
	Since the -current snapshot kernel was an ELF binary, I decided to
try one of the "odd" kernels I'd built that was of the same type, with the
same results; a couple of flashes and a reboot. Oddly enough, my kernel
was about twice the size of the -current kernel, using the stock
1.6-RC1 src/sys/arch/dreamcast/GENERIC config file.
	What's going on with the odd binary type? I thought sh3l wanted
COFF binaries? The cross/shel-netbsdcoff port installed things that built
a COFF binary kernel when I actually was able to build one, yet the "odd"
1.6-RC1 cross-compile (without using cross/shel-netbsdcoff) kernel was an
ELF binary. Did someone decide to switch to ELF, or did I (and whoever
built the -current snapshot kernel) screw up somewhere?

Thanks again,
Josh

Josh Tolbert
hemi@scoundrelz.net

Every time the power flickers, a squirrel gets his wings.