Subject: Re: CD problems.
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
From: Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/19/2002 19:41:55
------     ---   -
Josh Tolbert
hemi@scoundrelz.net

Every time the power flickers, a squirrel gets his wings.

On 19 Aug 2002, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

> Josh Tolbert <hemi@scoundrelz.net> writes:
>
> > 	The first few CDs (coasters) I made would get me to the music CD
> > playing screen, trying to play the four-second audio track. That was
> > before I refined the process to the one I've described above. The last
> > revision gets to the Sega license screen and just sits there.
> > 	What did I do wrong? The disc seems to meet all of the
> > requirements to boot on the Dreamcast, but I must have overlooked
> > something. Any ideas?
>
> If you get to the license screen, then the kernel has been loaded from
> disc but failed to start properly.  So it can be assumed that
> something is wrong with your 1ST_READ.BIN.  How did you create the
> file that you fed to `scramble'?
>

>   // Marcus

	It's all for naught now. I SUPped the latest NetBSD source and it
won't build anything in the same way it built before. It's like the entire
cross-compiling system changed. I tried the same method I used before
(described in previous e-mails) and can't get anything to build. I then
tried playing around with the build process and managed to get some ugly
toolchain built that seemed to be a half-breed of ELF i386 and COFF SH3
that got me this:

bash-2.05# file netbsd
netbsd: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Hitachi SH, version 1 (SYSV),
statically linked, not stripped

	Are there any good docs on how to cross-compile with NetBSD? The
one at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/cross/ seems to be pretty much
useless now. /usr/src/BUILDING is fairly colluded, too.

Thanks,
Josh