Subject: Re: On to =?us-ascii?Q?=3D=3Fiso-8859-1=3F?=
To: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
From: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/07/2002 21:37:15
On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 05:20:02PM +0000, Alex Kirk wrote:
> I was hoping I'd not have to bother this list again, but I've run up
> against more oddness that the archives don't seem to cover properly.
>
> I've now set up my DC to boot via NFS; basically, I select "rtk0", "", and
> "nfs" as my startup options. After telling it to use NFS, it goes into the
> DHCP/BOOTP process, where it gets itself the correct IP address, broadcast,
> etc. After obtaining that info, I get the follwing message:
>
> nfs_boot: mountd '192.168.2.69:/home/alex/dreamcast/fs', error = 13
> cannot mount root, error = 13

(groo, 1) ~>grep 13 /usr/include/sys/errno.h
#define EACCES          13              /* Permission denied */

Looking at your exports, you want -maproot=root, for otherwise your access
as root is going to be mapped to a uid:gid with no privs.  See exports(5).

--
Bill Squier (groo@old-ones.com)                          http://www.netbsd.org

        I know I don't deserve another chance, but this _is_ America,
        and as an American, aren't I entitled to one?  --Sideshow Bob.