Subject: Re: Immediate reboot with filesystem on cd9660
To: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/03/2002 14:29:27
"Alex Kirk" <alex@schnarff.com> writes:

> If "sh MAKEDEV all" in the /dev directory that was unpacked is all I
> have to do, yes.

Ideally you should use the MAKEDEV from basesrc/etc/etc.dreamcast/,
since a generic sh3 one might not know about the Dreamcast specific
devices.

> I've seen a message posted to this list in late 2001 that talked about
> setting up the Dreamcast as IPSlave, and the DCHP entry on the server
> required to do that. Assuming I don't want to go the IPSlave route (my
> objective is to get this thing to boot, mount up some /tmp space via
> NFS, and use it as a console network access point), could I use that
> same DCHP config, obviously adjusted for my network's particulars? Or
> would I need to configure DHCP serving differently? Alex Kirk

DHCP configuration is the same, regardless if you load the kernel from
CD or via IP slave (the kernel won't even know which method you used
to load it).

  // Marcus