Subject: Re: Immediate reboot with filesystem on cd9660
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/03/2002 03:26:44
Thanks for your prompt response.

> Did you remember to create the proper device nodes on the CD?

If "sh MAKEDEV all" in the /dev directory that was unpacked is all I have to
do, yes.

> Unless you're compiling your own kernel, you'll have to adjust your
> TV.  Or try using a monitor if you have one.  TV:s can show very
> varying amounts of overscan, but a monitor will generally give you the
> whole picture.

OK, I'll adjust the TV. Thanks.

> If you set the OpenBSD box up to act as a DHCP server for the
> dreamcast, then all you should have to do is say "rtk0" for root
> device.

I've seen a message posted to this list in late 2001 that talked about
setting up the Dreamcast as IPSlave, and the DCHP entry on the server
required to do that. Assuming I don't want to go the IPSlave route (my
objective is to get this thing to boot, mount up some /tmp space via NFS,
and use it as a console network access point), could I use that same DCHP
config, obviously adjusted for my network's particulars? Or would I need to
configure DHCP serving differently?

Alex Kirk