Subject: Immediate reboot with filesystem on cd9660
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Alex Kirk <alex@schnarff.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/02/2002 22:42:28
I just got my Dreamcast set up with a keyboard, BBA, etc., and sat down and
burned my bootable kernel as suggested on the HOWTO. It worked great; I'd
love to say it was made after 9/00, but it was 7/00.

In any case, after telling it that the root fs is on gdrom0 and hitting
"Enter" for the dump device, I went ahead and swapped in the second CDROM,
the one I created with sources downloaded from
ftp://(mirror)/pub/NetBSD/arch/sh3/snapshot/19991231-coff (I used mkhybrid,
then burned the image with Easy-CD Creator). As instructed to by the HOWTO,
I then typed in cd9660...and had the Dreamcast reboot on me, instantly.

Making things even more annoying is the fact that the prompt is just off of
my TV screen. Is this an issue with my TV, or something I can deal with via
the DC and/or NetBSD?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions as to why this wouldn't work.
Alternately, if you want to point me to nfs-booting instructions, I have a
local OpenBSD box that I was going to be using to supply /tmp space over NFS
anyway, and I could just let the filesystem live on that box.

Alex Kirk