Subject: Re: LAN adapter driver
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/12/2002 01:33:55
Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de> writes:

> So I think there is no PCI involved, only this "Altera PLD" which
> hangs off the G2 bus.
>
> But if I attach to g2bus, I don't know how to solve the register
> addressing of the chip without bringing major changes to the mi
> mb86960.c file.

You should probably make a driver for the Altera PLD then, which
attaches to the G2 bus.  All you'd have to do is to ask the g2bus
driver for access to address 0x0060xxxx using bus_space_map().  Then
you create a new bus space tag as Jason said in another post, and give
it to mb86960.c, together with the handle you got from g2bus.  The
functions in your tag should just manipulate the offsets as required,
and pass them on to the g2bus tag functions.  See g2bus_bus_mem_init
in g2bus_bus_mem.c for how to create a tag.

Don't hesitate to ask if you get any trouble.

  // Marcus