Subject: Re: LAN adapter driver
To: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/11/2002 14:55:33
On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 11:46:39PM +0200, Marcus Comstedt wrote:

 > > I haven't found an existing NetBSD PCI driver using this chip
 > > (mb86960.c).
 >
 > Hm.  You are right.  There are only PCMCIA drivers for it.  I wonder
 > if that means that the LAN adapter has a PCMCIA bridge chip instead?
 > You wouldn't mind opening it up to check what interface logic it uses?

The Fujitsu 86960 just has a dumb bus interface, IIRC.  It can be
connected to almost anything.  It just happens to be common on PCMCIA
cards.  Several ISA cards were made with that chip, as well.

Is the "LAN adapter" actually a SEGA product?  Or is it an after-market
device?

I suspect there's just some dead-simple interface logic to glue the
Fujitsu chip to the G2 bus.

	...at USENIX...