Subject: Re: VMU?
To: Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/10/2002 01:33:50
Josh Elsasser <jre@vineyard.net> writes:

> Is it possible to read from / write to the VMU?  Or control the LCD
> display?  I've searched the archives, but not found anything
> conclusive.  It would be nice if there was some easy-to-use device
> node I could create, but I'm willing to try some maple bus programming
> if that's what it takes.

There exists a generic maple driver, and a keyboard driver that
attaches to the generic driver for units which have the keyboard
function.  What remains to be written is:

A) generic packet I/O functionality in the generic driver, so that you
   can do the protocol handling yourself if you want to

and

B) specific drivers for the other function codes like memory card,
   mouse, LCD, etc.

I started working on a specific driver for the memory card
function.  It wasn't completed though.  Maybe I'll find some time to
pick it up again.

If you want to make a specific driver for the LCD function, great.
It's a reasonably small task that has not been claimed by anyone
AFAIK, so just grab it if you like it.  You'll find the relevant
packet codes to use on my website.

  // Marcus