Subject: Re: LAN adapter driver
To: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@mc.pp.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/10/2002 01:26:53
Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de> writes:

> I have a question:
>
> According to the KOS library, the lan adapter is sitting on the G2
> bus. Since the lan adapter has a special register decoding, I gave it
> its own bus sitting on the shb bus.

There is already an implementation of a G2 bus driver (used by the BBA
driver).  You should use that one instead of making a new one.  Just
put

  yourdriver*   at g2bus?

instead of

  yourdriver*   at shb?

in your kernel config and you'll get a proper bus_space
implementation.  Also, you should check if the LAN adapter doesn't use
the same PCI bridge chip (the GAPSPCI) as the BBA, in that case you
can use that driver too, and use an existing PCI driver for the
ethernet chip.

  // Marcus