Subject: A continual state of booting.
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Sarah <g@SDF.LONESTAR.ORG>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 05/12/2002 17:34:17
Ok, I generally try to avoid asking questions like this in a developer's
list, but I can't really get past it.

I can compile netbsd for the dreamcast just fine. One funny thing was that
during the linking process ld reported that it could not find start and
that it was just defaulting to 8c010000. So I compiled it with
.ascii "shiggity shiggity shwa" at start in locore.S and sure enough
"shiggity shiggity shwa" appeared at the beginning of my 'sh-elf-objcopy
-O binary netbsd'ed binary. All was good. I scrambled it and prepaired an
IP.BIN and wrote a disk, stuck it in my dreamcast, and turned it on. It
booted the cd and got to the sega license screen and then reset. :(

I can't figure it out. It's not a problem with my IP.BIN, I replaced
netbsd with tatest and it ran just fine.

The only thing I'm doing different from the default netbsd1.5 distrubution
is I'm compiling the dreamcast kernel with "options PIPE_SOCKETPAIR" as I
get "sys/pipe.h line #128" type errors. So, I suspect that it's either
PIPE_SOCKETPAIR or the funny linker message.

Gummi bears,
 Sarah