Subject: Re: Successful cross-build and boot of dreamcast.
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Groessler <cpg@aladdin.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/29/2002 12:54:21
On 04/26/2002 07:45:57 PM AST Bill Squier wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 07:40:00PM -0400, Brian Alliet wrote:
>> What compiler did you use do build the system? I managed to get the
>> whole system compiled a while ago but none of the binaries wouldn't run.
>> (See the archives if you want more info) I think something was wrong
>> with the cross compiler I built. I used the gcc in the netbsd sources.
>
>I used the compilers that come in the source tree.  ``build.sh'' is the new
>cross-compilation bootstrap script which first builds a set of tools on the
>build host, and then uses them to contruct a NetBSD distribution.  You can
>read all about it by reading BUILDING at the top of the source tree.

I also successfully built it with build.sh. I haven't tried running it
yet.

When I the first time started build.sh the compiler somewhere in the
middle aborted with signal 11. I simply reissued the build.sh command
and then it ran thru. I wasn't using UPDATE and built from a macppc
host.

regards,
chris