Subject: Re: Successful cross-build and boot of dreamcast.
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Alliet <brian@brian-web.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/26/2002 20:13:24
On Friday, April 26, 2002, at 07:45 PM, Bill Squier wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 07:40:00PM -0400, Brian Alliet wrote:
>
> I used the compilers that come in the source tree.  ``build.sh'' is the
> new
> cross-compilation bootstrap script which first builds a set of tools on
> the
> build host, and then uses them to contruct a NetBSD distribution.  You
> can
> read all about it by reading BUILDING at the top of the source tree.

I did the same thing, took a few minor changes to get everything happy,
but it did compile, just didn't run. Either I did something wrong, or
there was some bug that got fixed. It looks like its working now. I'll
check it out when I get a chance. One last question, then I'll stop
bothering you :) Does the native compiler work? (that is, can you
compile stuff on the dc itself) Not that its really needed, but cross
compiling can be a pain (for stuff not in the netbsd source tree).

-Brian