Subject: Re: Successful cross-build and boot of dreamcast.
To: Brian Alliet <brian@brian-web.com>
From: Bill Squier <groo@old-ones.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/26/2002 19:45:57
On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 07:40:00PM -0400, Brian Alliet wrote:
> What compiler did you use do build the system? I managed to get the
> whole system compiled a while ago but none of the binaries wouldn't run.
> (See the archives if you want more info) I think something was wrong
> with the cross compiler I built. I used the gcc in the netbsd sources.

I used the compilers that come in the source tree.  ``build.sh'' is the new
cross-compilation bootstrap script which first builds a set of tools on the
build host, and then uses them to contruct a NetBSD distribution.  You can
read all about it by reading BUILDING at the top of the source tree.

The SH3 pmap still seems to have a number of problems.  When the system starts
paging, things get seriously confused.

--
Bill Squier (groo@old-ones.com)                          http://www.netbsd.org

        I know I don't deserve another chance, but this _is_ America,
        and as an American, aren't I entitled to one?  --Sideshow Bob.