Subject: Re: Can't make a boot CD
To: Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org>
From: M. R. Brown <mrbrown@0xd6.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/27/2001 15:34:32
--ALfTUftag+2gvp1h

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl

* Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org> on Thu, Dec 27, 2001:

>=20
> I downloaded the latest version of DiskJuggler (v4.0?) from their
> website which installed without error.  The image I got came out of a
> zip file that was definitely not corrupt.
>=20
> I suspect that I need to try an older version of the software, but I'm
> not sure, and I'm blowing through blanks.  If anyone else has any
> other suggestions, I'd love to hear them, especially on a script that
> can be used to build a boot disk from NetBSD or FreeBSD.

>=20

This is a generic script that can be used to make any bootable DC CDR, but
1ST_READ.BIN (or whatever you point IP.BIN to) in your filesystem
directory.

I don't know how you would setup the NetBSD filesystem.

Credit for the script goes to Andrew Church.

M. R.

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl

-------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh

tmpdir=/tmp/makedisc
dir=`echo "$1" | sed 's/\/$//'`
if [ "$2" ] ; then
        ipbin="$2"
        exclude=""
else
        ipbin="$dir/IP.BIN"
        exclude="-x $ipbin"
fi

if [ $# -lt 1 -o ! -f "$ipbin" ] ; then
        echo >&2 "Usage: $0 <fs-dir> [IP.BIN-path]"
        echo >&2 "If IP.BIN-path is not specified, it must be in <fs-dir>."
        exit 1
fi

rm -rf $tmpdir
mkdir $tmpdir || exit 1
dd </dev/zero bs=2352 count=300 >$tmpdir/audio.raw
cdrecord -multi -audio $tmpdir/audio.raw
rm -f $tmpdir/audio.raw

msinfo=`cdrecord -msinfo`
if [ ! "$msinfo" ] ; then
        echo >&2 'cdrecord -msinfo failed!  Aborting.'
        exit 1
fi
mkisofs -l -C $msinfo -o $tmpdir/disc.iso $exclude $1
dd if="$ipbin" bs=2048 count=16 of=$tmpdir/disc.iso conv=notrunc
cdrecord -multi -xa1 $tmpdir/disc.iso

rm -rf $tmpdir

--oLBj+sq0vYjzfsbl--

--ALfTUftag+2gvp1h