Subject: Can't make a boot CD
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Jack Twilley <jmt@twilley.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/26/2001 20:18:58
I've tried to make a boot CD repeatedly.

The DiskJuggler image crashed DiskJuggler.  I tried to follow the
instructions on the HOWTO and on Marcus's page to no avail.

I think I understand why someone can't just post a dd or ISO image of
the boot disk, but has anyone written a script that builds a boot
disk given arguments for the sound file and the kernel?

It's my hope to create a boot/root combination that will let me use my
Dreamcast as a remote access machine -- X11, OpenSSH, and VNC would be
a very useful combination.  Has anyone done this yet?

I've ordered a mouse, and I'm looking forward to learning how to write
a device driver for NetBSD.  My experience is mostly with FreeBSD and
Solaris, with a bit of Linux on the side.  I understand there is
already a Linux driver, and I plan on looking at that code for some
specific technical information, within the bounds of licensing
restrictions.

Jack.
--
Jack Twilley