Subject: Questions, iIdeas and Info
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Mike ... <cuttingedgeys@hotmail.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/13/2001 15:22:06
Fist of all, I am really interested in this project and have been on the
mailing list for a couple months, I'm very interested but am looking for
something that I wouldn't have to do alot of development on... I do not have
much time as I am engaged and have no development system right now beside
one windows box and my G4 tower. I wanted to do some GUI design, but afraid
that maybe before this distro is mature enough, or at the point where it has
enough implemented features to contain itself on one cd, use the VMUs to
store configuration info and preferances. Use the keyboard and mouse for
navigating, NFS for saving big files, sound... I really see this project
could go somewhere. I know the Linux/DC project already has XF86 but I don't
know about the stability of the kernal and the networking fondation left in
the dist sofar and I don't see much future development. It looks like its
gotten a bit further but I cannot evaluate them equally as I cannot even
boot into Net-BSD/DC. Does anyone have an image I can burn from?

But aside from that, does anyone have any thoughts on my ideas? Is this
looking possible? Or should I be looking at KOS or Linux for DC? What is the
vison for this project? And recomendations?

Don't get me wrong... I think there is great progress and this is a great
project, I just want some input.

-Mike