Subject: Re: nfs root booting process..
To: Andy Michaels <lego@apollo.gti.net>
From: Ryan Nelson <ryan@riacs.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/11/2001 13:22:40
Yes that is a problem that marcus has stated before.

If you have your DC hooked up to a 100/10 Switch or hub and the port is
set to 100Mb then you need to have the kernel

define NFS_RSIZE  16384

in the file  sys/nfs/nfs.h

If you are not getting any error messages and your Dreamcast get DHCP ok and all
the addresses,
mounts the NFS filesystem and then just hangs I would suspect this is your
problem.

To do this you have to have a cross compiling enviroment setup and rebuild the
NetBSD kernel.
If you don't have this I can send you the kernel I  use that works with 10/100Mb
networks, its
a little older but does most likely everything you want it to do.

Ryan