Subject: Re: Steps for netbooting the dreamcast
To: Hiroyuki Bessho <bsh@grotto.jp>
From: Paul Timmins <paul@timmins.net>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 12/05/2001 11:39:27
It should be noted that if you don't want to set a static IP address for
your BBA at all,  you can simply hardcode the mac address of your dreamcast
to some nonsense IP on the local lan and then copy to that. The IP loader
just listens for any packets coming to its mac address, but with no
hardcoded IP it will not reply to ARP requests, so if you hardcode the
IP/MAC combination it will work fine.
-Paul