Subject: no go on the serial connection ... why ?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Joesh Juphland <part_lion@hotmail.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/24/2001 14:50:00
I have a working netBSD boot CD.

If I plug the DC into a TV, insert that cd, and turn it on, I see the status
messages scroll up the screen, and I get a prompt (the prompt where you
would normally type 'gdrom0' and put the second disc in).  Works fine.

So now, I have the DC attached to the serial port on my laptop, via the
Lik-Sang serial cable.  Only two cables are plugged into the DC - the
Lik-Sang serial cable and the power cable.  No keyboard, no joystick, no TV,
nothing.  I put disc 1 in, and turn the DC on ... and get ... nothing.

Nothing appears in my terminal window.  Nothing.  I have it set for N81,
9600, no flow control.

So why am I not able to get a serial console working ?

thanks,

Joesh