Subject: two questions regarding netBSD on dreamcast - and a P.S.
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Joesh Juphland <part_lion@hotmail.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/18/2001 12:39:53
First, are there any plans to run emulators like NESter, Mame, SNES, etc.,
as programs running under netBSD, and not just standalone bootable discs ?
I enjoy the NESter emulator, etc., very much, but I would like it more if it
were running under the context of a userland program on a unix system.  Any
comments as to the current status of this goal are welcome.

Second, it is my understanding that currently the dreamcast netBSD doesn't
do much of anything ... and is somewhat slow.  This confuses me since it is
a 200+ mhz machine with a fair amount of ram (32 megs ?)  I have run many
web+mail+ftp servers with far less horsepower than this - in fact as slow as
33 mhz and 8 megs of ram for some mail+web+shell servers I have run.
Comments appreciated.

--joesh

PS: can someone send me a current URL for a ISO of the second disk (the
filesystem disc) I am having trouble with the HOWTO, where it says "grab the
HPCARM tarballs and run makedev" - I could bungle around ftp.netbsd.org for
days without knowing for sure which set of tarballs they mean, and I don't
have a netBSD system running - does someone have a current ISO for the
second disk sitting somewhere I can grab ?  I successfully made the first
disc and ran it, but I need the second one.

thanks.