Subject: Re: qt embedded
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Thompson <rst@strayer.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 09/07/2001 14:17:23
From: "Jason R Thorpe" <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>

> Download a NetBSD-current source tree (like via anoncvs, or something),
> and go to src/sys/arch/dreamcast and start looking there.

Hate to be a moocher, but does anyone have a site with the most recent
kernel and userland I could grab? The only machine I have which could maybe
run NetBSD is a PowerMac 6100/66 (does NetBSD have NuBus support?) and it's
significantly slower than the Dreamcast ;) I tried setting up a crosscompile
environment on a Linux/x86 box, but couldn't get that to work, so I don't
relish trying to do that with a Darwin/Mac OS X machine for sure (that being
the only speedy computers I own)!

Sorry for the rambling, I guess the point is I want to try a more recent
snapshot of NetBSD on my Dreamcast, but I only own PowerPC hardware, and
don't have a way to build NetBSD myself...

Which brings up another point... there was talk several months ago about
self-hosting the Dreamcast. Is this possible yet? That is, can I just track
current on the Dreamcast once I get it up and running a recent version, so I
won't have to bother begging like this again?

Thanks,
Robbie Thompson