Subject: Audio cdrecording and making a bootable CD
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Adrian McMenamin <adrian@mcmen.demon.co.uk>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 08/17/2001 20:10:30
When I try to record an audio track I get this:

 cdrecord dev=0,0,0 -multi -audio audio.raw
Cdrecord 1.9 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Jörg Schilling
scsidev: '0,0,0'
scsibus: 0 target: 0 lun: 0
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.17
Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
Device type    : Removable CD-ROM
Version        : 0
Response Format: 1
Vendor_info    : 'LG      '
Identifikation : 'CD-RW CED-8083B '
Revision       : '1.09'
Device seems to be: Generic mmc CD-RW.
Using generic SCSI-3/mmc CD-R driver (mmc_cdr).
Driver flags   : SWABAUDIO
Starting to write CD/DVD at speed 4 in write mode for multi session.
Last chance to quit, starting real write in 1 seconds.
cdrecord: Input/output error. write_g1: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
CDB:  2A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1B 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
write track data: error after 0 bytes
Sense Bytes: 70 00 00 00 00 00 00 0A 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
cdrecord: Input/output error. close track/session: scsi sendcmd: retryable
error
CDB:  5B 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 480s
cdrecord: Input/output error. mode select g1: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
CDB:  55 10 00 00 00 00 00 00 10 00
status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Does this mean that I cannot record an audiotrack in multi-session mode?

I tried a data track and the dreamcast wouldn't boot - but as it was my first
attempt I am not sure whether I had burnt the disk correctly in the first
place.

Given I do not have access to a Windows machine that can write CD-Rs is there
a Unix/Linux alternative?