Subject: Re: PS2 Linux Kit: Too good to be true; I knew it.
To: Dreamcast Dev NetBSD List <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: William Anderson <neuro@well.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/14/2001 11:05:58
----- Original Message -----
From: "RC5Stint" <rc5stint@yahoo.com>
To: "Dreamcast Dev NetBSD List" <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2001 2:43 AM

> > You don't really have any grounds to sue, since if these are
> > modules loaded at RUN-TIME, it's not part of the kernel proper,
> > and thus are not a derivative work of the Linux kernel.
>
> YAEGASHI Takeshi <t@keshi.org> wrote:
> > > They are owned by kernel-modules-2.2.1_ps2-6 package
> > > and its SRPM has only tar'ed binaries.  It also has
> > > other binaries obviously under GPL, which may become
> > > a license problem.
>
> Thanks for the clarification, Jason.
>
> But what about these other modules that are clearly GPL'ed, but there is
no
> source for in the kit?

The last time I checked, that kit is still in beta (i could be wrong
though), but surely all you need to do, and all Sony needs to say, is to
download the kernel source from <insert random country here>.kernel.org?
Perhaps Sony will release source in the final release?

--
 _ __   ___ _   _ _ __ ___ @well.com  William Anderson www.well.com/~neuro
| '_ \ / _ \ | | | '__/ _ \  "The thing I love most about deadlines is the
|_| |_|\___|\__,_|_|  \___/        go past." - Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)