Subject: Re: dreamcast overclocking?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher John Thomas <thomasc@altsoftware.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/12/2001 15:01:28
On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, Matthew Crane wrote:

> Maybe this is a dumb question, but is it possible??

  To overclock the board, you'd probably need a soldering iron. But I
don't have hard specs on that.

  If the PVR2 graphics chipset is like any of the other graphics chipsets
that I've worked with, you can overclock it by diddling with the PLL
registers that generate the internal graphics and memory clocks from its
reference clock.

  The wisdom of doing so is debatable. If you want number-crunching power,
write client and server routines and farm the calculations out to your PC
:).

  Though the image of an overclocked Dreamcast board sitting in a tub of
xylene is an amusing one...

Ttyl,
				-Christopher Thomas