Subject: RE: MP3 Player
To: Dreamcast Dev NetBSD List <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: RC5Stint <rc5stint@yahoo.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/11/2001 17:14:37
> There is an MP3 player for an alternative Dreamcast OS called
> KOS.  I think
> you can swap CDs, but I'm not sure, as I haven't tried it.
>
> Full source code for the MP3 player, KOS 1.0.0, demos, games, and a lot of
> other stuff, is provided in the DC Tonic package.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure whether this MP3 player is a library
or a GUI-based program, or command-line driven.  But full source code is
provided, so you can do whatever you want with it.

The Dreamcast has a serial port that could be hooked up to a Palm, as in
your original PC design.

I think you may have to give some thought to vibrations as the others
mentioned, either by cacheing MP3 data many seconds ahead as you play, or by
isolating the Dreamcast hardware somehow.

RC5Stint