Subject: Re: MP3 Player
To: Philip Pesek <me@philpesek.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/11/2001 22:35:06
On Wed, 11 Jul 2001, Philip Pesek wrote:
> player with a palm device as a controller by serial cable.  Come to think of
> it, a Dreamcast would a lot more compact and neat, and they are getting
> pretty cheap.  Has anybody used either NetBSD or Linux to play MP3's?  How

NetBSD: sure, but  on arm32 and i386 mostly. Not dreamcast. ;)

> different CD and mount it, for lets say, mp3 files?  I'm thinking this would
> probably require putting some stuff in  a ramdisk so that basic utils and
> the shell would work--not that I know how to do that...--any insight?

Put the player etc. into a RAMDISK (md device for NetBSD), that's not
hard. Getting the mp3 player going would, i guess. ;)

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html
* Setup  -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/06/01/ipv6_tutorial.html
Of course with your #1 IPv6 ready operating system -> www.NetBSD.org