Subject: LinuxDC
From: nathan widmyer <nwidmyer@cs.odu.edu>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/11/2001 13:33:30
I spent some time reading LinuxDC's website
(http://linuxdc.sourceforge.net/), especially the Unofficial Dreamcast
Technical Manual (http://linuxdc.sourceforge.net/files/book/book1.html).
They had some interesting things, especially how the GD-ROM drive is
simply a regular CDROM but the rotation speed is halved to double the
data.

If LinuxDC and the NetBSD port to the Dreamcast takes off, we could see
some people finding new hopes in their Dreamcasts.

Personally, I'd rather skip the development on porting X Windows and other
linux/BSD tools to DC and go straight to developing libraries and API
calls.  We'd need an official Dreamcast development package and other
stuff.  Anyway, later, Nate.