Subject: Re: Can anyone provide more info on...
To: Christopher John Thomas <thomasc@altsoftware.com>
From: Jonathan Sadler <sadlerj@email.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/06/2001 01:02:10
Christopher -

I know that the BBA is using a standard RealTek RTL8139, however there is an
ASIC (SEGA Part 315-6310?) on the BBA to handle the "glue".  Not knowing the
details of the BBA/Modem slot interface, I have no idea how complex the logic
is in the ASIC.  Gut feel is it wouldn't need to be too complex, as the
RTL8139 is an easy to interface chip.  (For example projects, try Circuit
Celler's article from July '99 found at:
http://www.chipcenter.com/circuitcellar/july99/c79bl1.htm)

Anyone know more?  Maybe it's time to spelunk the BBA driver...

Jonathan Sadler