Subject: Re: Can anyone provide more info on...
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher John Thomas <thomasc@altsoftware.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 07/06/2001 01:39:28
On Fri, 6 Jul 2001, Jonathan Sadler wrote:

> Seems they have information on the "modem/BBA slot" card edge connector
> in order to get this working.  Wonder if a BBA alternative is
> possible...

  Forgive me if this is a newbie question, but - is the BBA slot just a
PCI bus, or something alien?

  The NetBSD boot screen lists a PCI bridge when I have the BBA hooked up,
which suggests it's a stock network chip with a bridge chip connecting it
to the Dreamcast's bus.

  If this is the case, any idea if Sega is selling these chips to
third-party developers? :) [dusts off soldering iron]

Ttyl,
				-Christopher Thomas