Subject: Re: Linux Port
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Christopher John Thomas <thomasc@altsoftware.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 06/10/2001 13:29:00
On Sun, 10 Jun 2001, Jason Keirstead wrote:

> I found this on Slashdot. The linux port seems to be fairly far alog at
> this point
  [...]
> What I am wondering is a) if anyone on this list has a copy of this
> distribution I can try out and b) To what extent are the NetBSD developers
> collaborating with the linux ones? Surely there's alot of commmonality
> behind these ports.

  ...Suppressing amused choking, here.
  Among my friends, the coders are equally happy with both Linux and *BSD.
  Looking at the Slashdot crowd, one gets the impression that the
communities are at each others' throats.

  Re. the drivers, I have Linux driver experience, so I'd be happy to take
a look at the joystick driver if that would be useful. I do *not* have BSD
driver experience, so I'd post device specs and control methods to the
list for incorporation by someone more familiar with the platform.

  This also neatly clean-rooms away any license taint issues.

  Should I do this, or would I just be duplicating someone else's existing
efforts?

  I cannot offer help with the PowerVR driver due to conflict of interest
and lingering NDAs. Ask again in a year :).

Ttyl,
				-Christopher Thomas