Subject: Re: What do you think?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: James West <zerowren@msn.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/29/2001 19:15:11
>From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
>To: zerowren@msn.com
>CC: port-dreamcast@netbsd.org
>Subject: Re: What do you think?
>Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 18:31:16 +0200 (MEST)

>   James> If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the vaporware Iomega Drive for
>Dreamcast
>   James> supposed to be ATAPI-based? There must be some IDE bus in there.
>
>I don't believe I've heard anything about what particular technique
>was supposed to be used, but I assume that by "in there" you mean in
>the (vapour) Zip drive box.  So what is that supposed to prove?
>
>   // Marcus

Actually -in- the dreamcast itself, which lends the question, how do we get
at it? If there is an IDE bus that is accessible, this lends more
possibility to the idea of hooking up an actual hard drive to the unit.
Since the zip drive was supposed to be all self-containted, I'm assuming
enough current runs through the modem port to power a small drive.