Subject: What do you think?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: None <David@ixibbs.iximd.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/29/2001 01:22:32
"A little brainstorming on paper (I mean E-Mail)"
What do you think?
Two questions:

ONE: Is the Parallel port on the dreamcast a "Parallel Port" or are they
just calling it that?  If it is a "Parallel Port" Why hasn't anyone
thought about hooking up devices like ZIP or JAZZ Drives? (The first
names to come to mind.)  This would be a great secondary storage option.
 And why not printers too?

The site below also has info. on the "Parallel Port" Pin-Out.

TWO:
I found this site a while back about building a IDE & ISA adapter:
http://members.nbci.com/_bitmaster_/dc-index.html
I thought I would ask if this is worth anything to us for two main
reasons:

1. Secondary Storage (Harddrive) and MAYBE the 120 MB Super Floppy
drives (This would allow us to use 1.44 MB Floppys & the "Fading out"
120 MB Super Floppys)
2. Multiple Options & adapters Such as: Multiple Network cards and
modems (Would make the people that want to make the DC a firewall
happy.)
2a. and maybe SCSI :-)  (I'm thinking SCSI Harddrives, CD-ROM's, and
Scanners here.)