Subject: pvr.c and wsfont
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: John Fremlin <chief@bandits.org>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/23/2001 23:18:42
Hi!

I'm trying to get a framebuffer driver working for the 2bpp grayscale
display on the Psion 5 mx PDA. [ATM things are not going particularly
well: stuff gets printfd with the characters in the right place, but
the characters themselves are garbled (except punctuation) on the
fonts I tried.]

Anyway, in sys/arch/dreamcast/dev/pvr.c there is the following code

	wsfont_init();
	/* prefer 8 pixel wide font */
	if ((cookie = wsfont_find(NULL, 8, 0, 0)) <= 0)
		cookie = wsfont_find(NULL, 0, 0, 0);
	if (cookie <= 0) {
		printf("pvr: font table is empty\n");
		return;
	}

all of which is unnecessary (?) because the following

[...]

	rasops_init(&dc->rinfo, 500, 500);

does the exact same thing! Furthermore, the return value of
rasops_init should be checked because it can fail. (If I Understand
Correctly)

Or have I misunderstood something? Any help much appreciated!

--

	http://www.penguinpowered.com/~vii