Subject: Re: netbsd vs. linux on dc
To: None <joey_b@gmx.de>
From: Marcus Comstedt <marcus@idonex.se>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/16/2001 22:17:08

  Joey> ok, since this is a bsd mailing list i'm guessing answers will heavily favor
  Joey> bsd but which do you all think is further along at running on the dc? i know
  Joey> that linux can run X in the framebuffer on the dc, i dont know if that is
  Joey> possible on netbsd yet but when i get my bba tomorrow (that's when ups says
  Joey> it'll be here) i will have to try compiling X with the linux/sh port in netbsd

Um, wouldn't it be smarter to try to compile the NetBSD X server, as
that should already have support for the wscons interface which the
framebuffer device uses?

(Btw, I'm trying to get GGI running, and it looks like I'll have some
results soon.  That will allow some more lightweight stuff than X
clients. )

  // Marcus