Subject: A Few Misc. Questions
To: None <port-dreamcast@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Joey Bratton <joey_b@gmx.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/11/2001 06:32:56
hello!
i'm new to the dc netbsd port (but not to *nix) and i have a few questions.
i just ordered my bba and it should be here in a few days, i was wondering if
i will need a keyboard adapter or not. i have my nfs and dhcp stuff all
setup on my linux computer, so it'd be best if i could just telnet in but i was
reading a few posts were it says you have to put in the root device as rtk0 at
a prompt. i hope this can be compiled into the kernel (i havent had many
attemps at compiling a *BSD kernel so i dont know) because i really dont wanna
have to go out and order a keyboard adapter too because that would just take
more time :). Also, does anyone have a precompiled compiler for the dc because
i dont have a *bsd computer to cross compile on (only linux) and i was
wanting to do some compiling on the dreamcast. I have downloaded all the packages
from the snapshot on ftp.netbsd.org but those dont seem to include a
compiler. Well that is about it, i look forward to start doing some dev work on my dc
:)
Joey

http://www.gmx.net