Subject: Re: brandnew MEGA-SITEZ Toplist - Warez, Free-XXX, Drugs
To: John Darrow <John.P.Darrow@wheaton.edu>
From: William Anderson <neuro@well.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/10/2001 14:25:38
----- Original Message -----
From: "John Darrow" <John.P.Darrow@wheaton.edu>
To: <neuro@well.com>
Cc: <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
Sent: Monday, April 09, 2001 5:41 PM

> [snippage]
>
> Sigh... this gets asked every time a single spam message manages to
> squeak through the (rather tight) filters on mail.netbsd.org...
>
> The short answer is "no".
>
> The explanation is that there are a large number of users (like me) who
> read the lists by way of web archives, mail2news gateways, and other
> similar methods, especially those who read a large number of the lists
> [snippage]

that's a fair point, I'll admit.

> And, just for your edification... I have never seen a second spam from
> the same address come through the netbsd mailing lists.  The NetBSD mail
> admins are very diligent in adding spammers' addresses to the incoming
> mail filters.

My personal opinion is that the spam shouldn't get through in the first
place, but c'est la vie.  And constantly adding forged addresses (some of
them perhaps perfectly valid for other reasons) must be a hell of a workload
... Perhaps this is just a policy to keep the mail admins busy? :>

Anyway, this is now waaaaaaaaay off-topic for this particular list, so I
suppose I'll just have to live with it.

--
  ___  ___ __ _________ @well.com  William Anderson - www.well.com/~neuro
 / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \|     "All your base are belong to us. You are on