Subject: Boot and Clustering questions?
To: 'port-dreamcast@NetBSD.org' <port-dreamcast@NetBSD.org>
From: Exploitation <EXPLOITATION@Dresdner-Bank.de>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 04/06/2001 15:28:29
Hi, Ok I'm a newbie with NetBSD on Dreamcast, but I still try everything
fall into my hand, and i test it with a discjuggler image of nesbsd (around
5 Mo uncompress). My dreamcast is a european one with a mod chip inside and
a serial cable to connect to my computer. Is there a way to connect a
terminal via the serial link, and will CDRW supported to avoid losing a lot
of CDR. Netbsd boot but crash for error 79, and with no broadband adapter
(same price than the dreamcast !!!) or dreamcast keyboard it is hard! So I
am compiling all information provide here and around to make a complete how
to for only serial cable owner, all ideas and files will be accepted even if
you have written your own how to!

Last questions, I use PVMPOV into my 5 computer cluster garden, 1biP3 700,
1Celeron 433, 1 duron 600, 2 Pentium 200mmx, all that with 100mb card and
100mb hub, so can I recompile PVM, POV and add my dreamcast to my cluster?
even if there is a few ram, SH4 FPU is great... but I think I will be
obliged to buy a broadband adapter? To avoid some memory and space
limitations, a ramdisk or a swapfile or a partition cannot be mounted throw
the network on a computer instead of using only the dreamcast ? Seme VMU can
be connect with the parallel port to exchange data, can we use this way?
With a mouse and a keyboard connected, 2 slots are still avalaible, if 2 VMU
are supported, we can have 4 VMU with a total of 64Mo of space, and 4
parallel port to have!!!

Thanks if you have some info....

Nicodevil