Subject: Re:
To: None <David@ixibbs.iximd.com>
From: Julien Cabessut <julien.cabessut@serafi.fr>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/27/2001 12:31:47
On Monday 26 March 2001 18:27, you wrote:
> I'm sitting here for an hour doing nothing so I decided to take a wack
> at it.

> First, everyone else, correct me if I'm wrong.

Um... I may be wrong, too :)

> OK , first I haven't did it yet but if I'm reading the posts right you
> can run it with just the modem (it would take a little time to load but
> till you spend the money on the BBA try it with the modem to MAKE SURE
> it will run on your unit).

If I'm not mistaking, setting up NFS root via modem (SLIP?) is rather
complicated compared to the BBA ethernet connexion.

> The reason I say to do this is because only a few number of dreamcasts
> out there (acording to posts) are capable of booting off CDRs.

I don't think there are a lot of Dreamcasts that DON'T boot CDRs. Some
japanese models were having the problem (you can find the name of the series
in these posts, if I remember well), but most DCs do boot CDRs perfectly.

> I tried my best.
> David

Did the same !

--