Subject: FLASH filesystem
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/15/2001 19:02:28
> midori Linux . . . includes [a good FLASH filesystem]

do LFS segments correspond well with FLASH blocks?

If so, maybe we can just continue directing the effort toward stable LFS,
and then make a 'lightlfscleanerd' that simply frees space, without
trying to optimize seeking with file locality. :'

anyway, i don't really understand LFS well.

One thing that might be convenient is a way to boot with a mdroot and
then free the memory after switching to some other root.  This would
help with ipsec-ified nfsroot clients as well.  or, do we already have
this capability?  I don't know how mdroot works either. :)