Subject: Sound support?
To: None <port-dreamcast@netbsd.org>
From: Joseph Jones <joejones@technicalsorcery.com>
List: port-dreamcast
Date: 03/12/2001 16:56:46

All,

I was wondering if anyone is trying to develop the sound support under
NetBSD.  I'll explain my interest.

I currently have my Dreamcast installed in my living room with my home
theatre.  I was thinking that since we're already able to mount the root
partition via NFS, we could mount an MP3 partition via NFS and that would make
my MP3 store available to the dreamcast.  In which case, I could have a NetApp
for playing MP3's within my DreamCast.

Makes buying a home theatre MP3 player for 500 dollars seem kind of silly to
me.

Just a thought.  Anyone else have something like this in mind already?
Unfortunately, I am code illiterate, so I can only offer the suggestion.  =)

Thanks,
Joe

Joseph Jones
joejones@technicalsorcery.com